Thursday, September 29, 2011

wa[i](n)/n/[t](t)ing

there is a peculiar sadness of your citrus dessert
but i know not what it could be as i shuffle (everyday
i'm shufflin') and pander to my prescription life.

i'm following your directions to the letter of the
ignoble law; and the passions of my heart churn
beneath my scarcely-kept image of compliance.

if death visits so many a year at the gnawing gnashing
teeth of a surly hippopotamus, how many sinners
does it take to notice my paradoxical penitence?

and if the meditations of my heart are less than
honorable--if i was a brutus in disguise--would you
see in me the festering wound of an intrinsic ill?

it isn't what makes you happy--no it really doesn't
make me happy. but the time of the metal swingset
pulls me back into childlike acceptance of this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment