Tuesday, September 20, 2011

sick/lick/call concave contentment

the hot glass of my eyes is carving
the hills and valleys of my cheekbones

short of breath between my words,
flustered, i am the irritation in the shells.

listening to the sea, is such a small
absolution; the mariner and his tale

are hiding inside him, even as the
birds circle above. i am a dying radio

signal that casts about for an understanding.
your cough in the dark was unsettling.

the night terror is folded into my cells--
inevitably never tasted so much a cold metal

but a dense, lukewarm bile that wracks my
lungs with your contagion of distrust.

the recurrence is a pox upon my house,
the fence has been ransacked by the wildfire.

a sudden heaviness is all i have to show for my
nonsensical hope of what we could have been.

have i created my own reality? i should have been
a luminous angler, shuffling the lonely seafloor
collecting the remorse of the nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment