Monday, September 20, 2010

myhandinyourhand

my dear, my dearest dear can you hear
and do you fear--count the stars and
place the brightest one inside your pocket.
fuel my tears and stay the distance--stay.
we grow strong with the coming days
absence, not absinthe, makes the heart
grow fonder--my heart grows fonder--
i do admit. your voice sweeter and sweeter,
a soft violin that whispers in my ear.
my dear, my dearest dear can you hear?
i covet the days i will come back to you--
will you sing my name? and spin me around
and ask me where i've been? (where have
i been?) will you kiss my cheek like
those days we subjected ourselves to
the cinematography of wanda and
her fishes; little fishes, dirty wanda.
(little wanda, dirty fishes?) will you?
will you? (my letter might be too much--
i fear your voice) i suppose i'm a dirty
person.. for hoping things will be
the way they were. i suppose i ask too
much.. when i ask you where we're
going. (do i ask too much?) i suppose i'll
love you then.. limitless then--you have
overcome your expiration date.
you'll be with me like a handprint on
my heart--you are inscribed on my heart.
i gave you my heart--and there is your name
in bold script scrawled across the surface.
because i knew you.
i know there is one thing i will never learn
i have been changed.
i hope there is one thing you will never learn
for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment