Wednesday, September 8, 2010

the discovery

i was found today,
between a rock and a hard place.
you hear me, even in my silence.
i was found today,
you won't ever let me go back
to the way i was.
you know me to the core of my soul
to the edges of my brain--
you know the number of my days,
the lying down and getting up.
you've known from the day i
was born, what my life would be.
you've known all along who would
influence me, and who i would reach.
you've known who would love me
who would hate me, and who i'd
passionately love. you brought
me to you before i could read,
and as i child, you took my hand.
i was found that day--the day you
whispered in my ear, "you are dearly
loved." i can't begin do understand you
but i know you hear me cry out
in anger, desperation, joy, complacency.
you hear me when my voice is silenced
and when i can't be still.
through the stars and the lamplit
streets you show me who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment