Thursday, January 7, 2010

the maze

dryest air, why should you steal from me?

cracked, and bleeding, my hands fold quietly

to pray only for a warmer day.


time spirals on, shoveling the burdens to our backs.
wallpaper peels deliberately--to remind us what we lack.

i saw them shouting, i saw her cry
i followed them home, just to ask why.



By my happiness am i mortified
i always act as if someone died.
it's panic that plagues my little frame
it's a bit of indecision, one and the same
i just can't take another shattered clock
i run through riddles just trying to talk.
please, my dear, excuse my irrationality
and if you have eyes, just let them see
that i care for you more than anyone yet
to you i am much more than a shallow pet.
if you would ask, i'd give you the moon
i would drain the ocean and sing you a tune
but if you asked for a kiss, i would hold you close
and smile a great smile from my head to my toes.
it's no matter that we know not what we do
that we live in a world where everything's new--
we know the melody, let's fill in the words
let's fly with the angels and sing with the birds.


i am sure i know none but this
he is mine and i am his.

No comments:

Post a Comment