Monday, January 11, 2010

brambles.

i am blind.
i repeat your words back to you.
i am deaf.
i describe the cold window pane.

i follow you on my hands and knees.
the dust is between my teeth
and the air, oh the cold air!

you look at me and i see
the puzzlement within your eyes.
what is it that you want? i whisper

i consider. what i've wondered for a while.
my heart shudders and rushes to protect
itself.
and we go on.

we go on.

i fall behind. we fell behind.
we do our best to speak our minds
what we know is what is certain
(i have my own iron curtain)
like a wraith, it would haunt my head
it would plague me, it wants me d ea d
can you save me? from these high tides?
can you restore me to your side?
stop right here, before we go on
just to count the stars 'fore the dawn
this one fear--it makes me anxious
i worry i won't do you justice

i worry, okay? it's not what i admit
it's what boils inside my brain
it's what keeps the light from staying lit
it's what leaves me in the rain.

i can't shut out the still small voice
that tells me i do it all wrong.
it tells me i have no other choice
but to terminate our pretty song

if you asked, i could not describe
save through the notes i found
i could not easily harmonize
save with the crooning cello's sound.

it is indeed no cause for tears
no need to alert your darkest fears
i'm a silly g irl , a dove at heart
rest assured, i do not wish to part.

stand at the window, wait in the rain
just please reassure, that i'm not insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment