Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's just so nice to get away...

with my petty crimes.
my lies, my secret indulgence of deception.
call me a liar.
call me a tramp. (I find it unlikely that you'd go to such extremes)
but what i got away with..
nah.
not even that impressive,
but its a start, my friend. it is certainly a start.
a white lie leads
to embezzled company funds.
and a simple vein of revenge//
overtakes the whole body in seething r a g e.
but thats what i wanted.. i supposed, in my tiny little, chromosone-deficient brain.
thats exactly what i wanted.
to lie to you and feel those endorphins as i ran in the opposite direction of truth.
i hid behind that gnarled old tree as you walked by;
searching for me, calling my name.
yet
i curled up behind that tree, snickered... yet trembled.
because i knew full well...
i knew not what can of worms i had just opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment