Saturday, April 11, 2009

the hypocrite police... with the wooden eyes.

I see you.
I watch you.
and i know you did after you said you'd never.
I know you showed up sunday morning, but your knees they were smooth.
havent been using them lately, hmm?
yet i heard you make those sanctimonious little claims.
claims of revelation, exhortation, glorification..
more like fornification.
do i judge too harshly?
or shall i use your own rules?
do you expect to evade those rules you penned into being..
really?
the rituals. the traditions. everything that weighs you down.
FOLLOW IT
with your religious fervor....
Plant trees, and drink grape-juice-communion until your shovels and drink bury you in your early grave.
believe the truth that you mixed with the lies.
its all in there somewhere..
and hey, it all goes to the same place, right?
beliefs don't work the same as a baked potato.
my judgement stands true; it stands justly
except maybe there's a single anomaly that
i refused to accept..
i ignore it constantly,,
for fear that it will destroy my self righteous assailment of your hypocritic practices.
this little fallacy.. that i overlooked.
the hyocrite was never you.
Loan me a mirror, will you? there may be something wooden in my eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment