Thursday, May 20, 2010

time

you cheat me.
you take my money (when i'm in need)
you shove me down.

you turn friends into distant memories
the sidewalk chalk fades
with the coming rain.

tapping of piano keys
and sensuous strums of the violin
mark your passing
and the tear-stained hearts
that are pushed aside.

your greed swallows me
as i forget time and time again
to love and be loved to
remind my dears of my deepest
love and regards. you take my money
you take my mind
and i really
actually mind.
mindless i run through ebbing tides
and smashing winds
and floating nothingness
void of space but not of time.
void of space.
never void of time.
the tears
the growing
pain running through
our bones.
the decadence that you brought--
your housewarming gift to
the human race.
i tried my best to close the door.
(it didnt work)
because you stole your way inside
anyway. you stole your
way into our lives.
and you thieved away
our wonder years
our proud edifice of prowess...
you filched my sanity
you plundered my acclaim.
and above all
you stole
my
time.

No comments:

Post a Comment