Monday, May 10, 2010

separated but equal (distress)

one two
three's a charm
three rings to feel secure.
shaky hands stray to the phone--STOP
eyes twitch as it sits in silence
on the table.
i measure with a yardstick
the society-filled bubble
of p.c.(p?)
hours and hours of surgery
and my veins are still connected to you
the siamese twin that stole my heart
and stole my brain.
disconnect me--you'd be a m u r d e r er
euthanasia won't solve the sitch(es)
or mend the stiches
or calm the-------
i'll never talk again
i told him our secrets
and i told him what i feel
he chuckled a little--
who can tell what he's thinking?
that we're just children?
sinking in our c a r n a l desire?
maybeso--no, never so
i don't see a sandwich.
i don't see a playground
that i can use until it falls
apart with rust and disease.
i see a soul.
i see a beautiful soul
resting in the palm of my hand.
do you trust me?
can you trust me?
i walk the line between the morning
light and the falling liberty bell.
the c r a c k s in the pavement mirror
stripes in freedom,
lacerations on the heart
that we share.

we leave behind what was
left behind.
we take our hearts our separate ways.
we take our hearts
and go our separate ways.
i fall apart when we go our separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment