Saturday, December 12, 2009

Narration to my Life. (and which of these ISN'T?:P)

motivated.
vindicated. [i am selfish, i am wrong...]

I can.
and I will.

[I am RIGHT. I swear I'm right--I swear I knew it all along!]

I always could.
but now I will.
indeed, I shall.
________________
the transition is indeed, palpable

from my fingertips
the notes will resound
from the deepest valley
of my heart
the music will arise

stamping my soul into the air
that is indeed alive
with the sounds of the essence
it has embraced.

dearest, you are the cousin of my music.
the spent shells of the wars of bygone loss
sink deep within the mud
that helps me forgive--mostly forget.
the scars you have yet to discover
sink back into my tender skin.
i digress.
the cousin of my music, you are indeed.

hello, beautiful world/beautiful life i have yet to know!
i creep up on you, hoping to s na t ch you away
like the child-stealers you so vehemently accuse
i sneak past your window at night, hoping
to find a way to put you safely in my pocket.
beautiful life, i am on the cusp of this beautiful life.


dearest, the words are increasingly difficult to piece together--
you are the best thing that has happened to me--
any other words just don't sound right.

No comments:

Post a Comment