Sunday, September 6, 2009

the canyon

i know.
whats best.
for me.
i am also a liar.


she, the delicate g i r l of five,
begged her daddy,
"take me to the canyon, today!
I have never seen its depths!"
her daddy gazed down lovingly,
and replied to his child,
"darling, it's quite scary!
you might fall in!"
the g ir l's big blue eyes
shone like stars
"No, daddy, I want to see the canyon
and look into its depths!"
The father took his daughter
his one and only child
to the mouth of the canyon
to gaze into its
infamous depths,
the child saw
and the child breathed in the chilly
canyon air
the mouth of a monster
it was, with red eyes that smoked and sputtered.
the hiss of demonic forces
arose from those conflicted regions
of earth
and she shuddered, wimpered.
"Daddy! why did you bring me here?!
Why did you let me gaze into its depths?"

i want it and i want it now
regardless of if i am ready
regardless of your wise advice
you can't know what i need.

No comments:

Post a Comment