Tuesday, August 18, 2009

it's not what you think

I stand here fully clothed,
yet na k e d before you.
for you see right through
straight to the bone
to the skeletal heart
that thumps out a beat
on occasion.

my brain, my emotions
my life
lays before you
absolutely transparent
for you to peruse, meander
dissect.. explore.
i cringe, i melt, and i faint.
the vulnerability,
is almost more
than my frail self can bear.

it's a tragedy
it's a crime
for you've broken into my mind.
you're a thief and a t e r r or ist.
and i'm not quite sure how to evict.

yet..

there was once a tale of a g i r l who spent four years as a hostage. her mind became so void of all natural common sense, that, upon her release, she claimed undying love to her abusers. her coping mechanism? her undoing?

it's intimacy
it's profundity
for you've broken into my mind.
you're a lover and a confidant
and i'd never want to evict.

and what side of the coin,
will we land on?
the cold face of dear old Abe,
bidding us loathe for eternity?
or the warm windows of a home,
calling us into safety..


IT IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK.
IT WAS NEVER WHAT YOU THOUGHT.
YOUR THOUGHTS REMAIN BURIED INSIDE YOUR OWN HEAD..

No comments:

Post a Comment